Instantaneous Delivery of IT Services With Agile System-Oriented Stratagem
In 2009, Patrick Debois, a renowned IT consultant coined the term DevOps, and everyone was started pondering on the same.
So let us move ahead, and understand what DevOps is all about.
The term DevOps is formed by two words, development and operations. Both of these terms are self-descriptive. Professionals sometimes, also call it development operation movement when they discuss the future trends and the rate of adoption.
Many people consider, Dev-Ops as a technology or a process but it’s neither of them. Rather, it is a culture with which has started an age of change in the realm of IT by establishing collaboration between development and operations.
Development operation culture believes in formulating the working process through a system-oriented approach. It is mostly concern with the fastest delivery of IT services by adopting agile practices.
It Is Not Only About the Innovation & Rapid Speed. You Require DevOps for More
DevOps through its agile and lean approach focuses on building a smooth collaboration between development and operations teams.
The outcome of this amazing collaboration results in the optimum utilization of technology and resources through which you can be leveraged by an excellent working environment.
Why is DevOps necessary?
DevOps Technical Necessities
- Seamless software delivery
- Rapid problem solution
- Lesser complexities
DevOps Business Necessities
- Stability in the operational environment
- Seamless communication
- Faster delivery
- Enhanced collaboration
- For innovation
DevOps Cultural Benefits
- Enhance team’s productivity
- Greater employee engagement
- Flourishing Opportunities
Why is Release Management Required For DevOps?
Before we move ahead & discuss the need of release management for DevOps, let us understand, what is release management and what are the benefits of release management.
In the simple words, the process of scheduling, planning and controlling the software build at different stages along with the testing and deployment of the releases is called release management.
Need of Release Management in DevOps
As you know, the process of DevOps focuses on enhancing the coordination between the process of development and the process of operations.
To make your DevOps more enhancing comes release management into the picture. Its major focus is on delivering promising IT services according to the needs of the businesses.
Following are some benefits of release management that will throw light on its requirement in DevOps:
- It helps in accomplishing tasks in the stipulated time while maintaining the quality
- It brings development and operations teams together through seamless communication and information sharing, thus leads to collaboration.
- It offers a resilience to the development process and facilitates operational team with agile response facility.
- It also helps in migrating potential failures, by providing real-time release status.
- It boosts the productivity of the working process by eloping best practices and setting higher working operational standards.
Below Are Mentioned The Names of Major Release Management Tools